Looking for a job with impact?
Shine TV is looking for an accomplished television producer who is passionate about Christian media.
As an experienced producer you will have proven ability to create compelling studio and location-based television content for Shine TV and the Rhema Media brands that helps people take their next right step in Christ.
This role is responsible for producing, and leading peers to produce, television and video content for Shine TV and other Rhema Media Brands such as:
• Short Form content such as God Spots and feature profiles
• Core event coverage for Shine and Rhema Media (e.g. Waitangi Day; ANZAC Day; Easter; Christmas; key community events and conferences)
• On-Air Continuity
• Viewer and Brand testimonial videos
• Promotional spots and TV Commercials
• Rhema Media Brand and Product promotional videos
• Annual 'Shineathon' fundraising event
• One-off TV programmes – such as documentary or interview based
• Studio series (e.g. panel, talk and interview based)
• Non-broadcast (web/online) content
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing and delivering all production outputs and is responsible for leading-amongst-peers; an all-hands-in creative and production team.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• At least 7 years' experience in a media organisation or production house
• An accomplished television producer - comfortable in both studio and location environments
• Proven track record writing and producing for television
• Proven and demonstrated ability as a visual story teller
• Strong production management and team-leadership ability
• Able to articulate an idea and communicate it in a visual form
• A strong creative and design sense
• Demonstrated studio production and producing experience – including effective use of green-screen
• Location and field-based television experience – demonstrating effective and compelling story-telling and production technique
• Good understanding of the nature of TV and radio in the New Zealand media environment
While not essential, the following skills and abilities would be an advantage:
• Skilled in multiple video production crafts including:
• Location Camera and Lighting
• Editing and Post-Production
• Location Sound
• Presenter and Talent coaching
• Studio Directing
The successful applicant will also:
• Be proficient with using Office 365 applications, Windows operating systems and modern browser-based work environments
• Be able to demonstrate a high-level of responsibility
• Have excellent relationship management
• Have exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• Have critical thinking and reasoned thought processes
• Have high attention to detail and accuracy
• Have ability to involve and include all stakeholders
• Have a commitment to continuous improvement
• Have a current full driver’s license
About Shine TV & Rhema Media
Shine TV is New Zealand’s Kiwi Christian Channel. 16-years young, Shine TV reaches every television household in New Zealand through the Freeview and SKY TV platforms. Shine TV also streams online at shinetv.co.nz.
Shine is committed to delivering a wide range of programmes compatible with Christian beliefs that respect our bi-cultural heritage and multi-cultural society.
Rhema Media is a not-for-profit organisation. Our mission is to connect Kiwis to Christ through media. Simply put – wherever they are on their faith journey - we want to help New Zealander’s take their next right step in Christ.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply with your CV, Show Reel and Letter of Application please email: